Friday, July 18, 2003

I should be ashamed........but I'm not

Where has the time gone? How can it be that I have let more than a month pass by without updating the website. It has been so long that I am sure many people do not even bother checking it anymore. In the past two months or so I have gone from not-so-busy to super busy. A couple of volunteer teams from the states have come through to help in the work in Zambia and I have had the pleasure of assisting them in any way possible. Just last week I was on a mini-vacation in Johannesburg, South Africa. While I was there, I got to meet up with two very dear friends of mine that I have not seen since leaving the states 81/2 months ago...Ronald McDonald and Col. Sanders! Man, did I ever have a good time catching up with those guys. I have also just recently finished up chronological Bible storying at State Lodge. Oh yeah, last time I wrote I mentioned my brother being sick with the West Nile Virus. Well, he is now pretty much recovered. Praise the Lord. I cannot tell you how hard it was being on a different continent while that was going on, but the Lord was faithful and unfailing (like always).
I have so much to share with you. But, it will have to wait for now. Someday in the near future I will sit down and write out all if my adventures if the past 6 weeks. Unfortunately, right now I am unable to keep my eyes open and focused on the computer screen. We were up bright and early this morning (5:45am) for an airport run. New personnel arrived this morning and most people were at the airport to greet them. The Neely’s are a family of five and they will be living and working here in Lusaka. The Smith’s, however, will be living and working in Mongu (6 hrs west of Lusaka). If it crosses your mind, please pray for these families as they adjust to a new life far from the states.
Now it is time for bed. Hopefully I will find the time tomorrow to adequately update the website.

p.s. i am actually having a bit of trouble getting new information and pictures posted, so bear with me.

No comments: