Monday, April 25, 2005

I finally had a weekend that consisted of more than MLC and lounging on the couch. Friday night I spent nearly 4 hours at Chile's with 3 other friends talking and laughing. We were killing time until our movie that started at 10:15. Deanna and I watched "A lot like love." We thorougly enjoyed it and talked about it the whole way home that night.
On Saturday I met up with Tommy and Stephanie and we drove to Williamsburg, Va.
We ate lunch with her brother and then walked around the free part of colonial Williamsburg. We visited a super-old church that George Washinton, Thomas Jefferson, and many others attended. They had assigned seating back then so we got to see their pews. Not surprising that Washington had the front pew. There was even a fancy throne-type seat in the church that was saved for whichever British high-up that was in visiting. But now that seat is strictly reserved for the Govenor of Virginia only. Too bad I did not take my camera with me to Williamsburg!
Also while in Williamsburg we stopped by the William and Mary Barnes and Noble bookstore. Me, Tommy, and Stephanie all bought W&M hats. Tommy and I only slightly felt like traitors to LA Tech.
After the bookstore Steph took us on a mini-tour of W&M campus and showed us where she spent most of her college days....what a nerd, she spent most of her time in the chemistry lab (when she wasn't in the pool for swim team, of course). What a concept...studying in college....or studying at all!
When we got back to Richmond we hung out at Tommy and Steph's for a while before we went to the movies later that night to watch "Sahara." It was actually pretty good, a lot better than I was expecting.
It was a good weekend! I will miss the Knighten's when I leave Va (insert really sad face here).
Speaking of leaving Virginia...I do that in one month from today on May 25.........

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better get used to the idea of studying!!!

Anonymous said...

Ashley...

That whole thing about studying...what is even more sad than you barely studying is you having to be reminded what and when to study. Remember those days?? By the way, I am back living (for now) in Winnsboro. So when you are in town...look me up! I would love to get together!! We are the only Tims in the book.

Anonymous said...

Ashley, you forget to mention the time we spent in the stocks in Colonial Williamsburg while people threw rotten tomatoes at us...no wait, there were no tomatoes...

Anonymous said...

sorry for never calling you back, you weren't

Ashley said...

Dang, I like it when people leave comments!

Austin...I have made it a good 25 years without studying, I think I can hold out these next few.

Christy...I should get to the 'boro sometime during the first week of June. And don't worry, I will surely be calling you because I think I will lose my mind if I don't.
You can give me the official Winnsboro tour and show me all the hot spots I have missed! But what could be left, I have already seen Sonic, Wal-mart, and the library?!?

Steph... I SO almost said something about the stocks but I didn't because I didn't know how to make it seem exciting...although, the stocks were a highlight to me. Maybe we can get Michael to give us a copy of the picture he took with his camera phone ;o)
(I even left out Sno-to-go and the yelling woman at the Cheese Shop, sorry)

Mikey...When will you learn that I am not the "Weren't", you are. And besides, I screened your phone call..you called during "Amazing Race." KIDDING!! (or am I??)

AP said...

hey ashley, hope all is well! checked out your website today for the first time in awhile. so cool the thompsons are (were) at MLC!