Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I left Va last Wednesday at 4:40am. I drove for 14 hours and I finally arrived in Little rock sometime around 6:30pm. I was dang tired, especially since I was unable to sleep the night before I left. Maybe I was too excited to sleep. All I know is I practically had to have a caffeine IV hooked up to me that morning.
It was bittersweet to leave Richmond. I miss the girls of quad 32 and Deanna taking care of me like she is my mother. The Tuesday night before I left the girls had planned something for me. We did a progressive supper of some of our favorite restaurants. It was really sweet of them. And for dessert, the multi-talented Deanna, made chocolate fondue for me....the first time I had ever had it and she even gave me my very own chocolate fondue pot...how sweet is she!
I have had a great time in Arkansas. You should email me and ask me about it. I have seen family, friends, BB King, and the Black Crowes. I even left little rock with a great souvenir!
Right now I am at my grandparents house in Heber Springs, Ar. I will be here for several days before going to my parents house in Louisiana. I will be at my parents house until I move to Fort Worth, Tx. in a few weeks.
That's all for now because my eyelids are starting to get heavy. Oh, Steph, if you are reading this, I want you to know that I have not forgotten that I need to write about the great adventure we had in Gether!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Ashley, I am reading this. I have been waiting to hear from you since you left us behind in Richmond :o( But I just got a chance to tell my dad about our 'Macgyver' adventures, and nearly fixing the minibike with my earring!

Anonymous said...

Uuummmm, don't you think you're leaving something out????

Michael

Ashley said...

"You should email me and ask me about it....I even left little rock with a great souvenir!"

That is your cue that there is more to tell. I am trying to be cryptic. Were you suprised?

Anonymous said...

oh i wish that i'd known you were in little rock...i'm only 20 miles away and have been there several times in the last few weeks! it would have been lovely to fun into you.

Anonymous said...

run..that was supposed to be "run into you"

Anonymous said...

". . .a great souvenir!"
A riverfest button?

Anonymous said...

When are you headed to the big 'boro?? I am still here. Hollar at me when you come to town. I should be here. We could hit the town and do something crazy like...go to Wal-Mart, Sonic, or I will even show you how to make "the loop". Yeah, I know. It's pretty pathetic.

Anonymous said...

"Great Souvenir"??? "Great"??? Don't you think gangly souvenir would be more appropriate? ;o)

And I think you should do a full write up on this "Great Souvenir" so that everyone you know can read a/b it.

Michael

Ashley said...

Michael, don't you know that "thin is in."

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should post a picture of you with your souvenir...

Anonymous said...

now that's a good idea! Just make sure your souvenir isn't standing sideways, or else we won't be able to see it.

Michael

Ashley said...

Yes, yes, excellent idea. It is actually on my to-do list...and we all know how I live and die by my to-do list.
Hopefully by next week I will have a picture to show! Oh, the anticipation!

Why is Mikey so mean?!?!?

Anonymous said...

Name one thing I've said that was mean.

Anonymous said...

It was mean when he tried to steal your present. If anyone knows that "thin is in" and "skinny is sexy" it is Michael. He is surrounded by slimness (if that is possible).

Anonymous said...

yea, it's a sad, concentration camp-ish state of affairs when I'm known the fat kid.

Michael

Ashley said...

You boys are funny and make me wish I were already in Fort Worth. Michael, keep your hands off my present...and Austin too. Also, if you tell me what the present is I might consider sharing it with you.

Anonymous said...

Don't you want to write a/b how much fun you've been having over the past several days?

Michael

Anonymous said...

stop sitting around in my living room and post something!

Michael

Anonymous said...

Still nothing? This is getting pathetic!

Michael

AP said...

to be blunt, i too would like to see a picture of ashley's boyfriend. :)