Monday, October 08, 2007

New Fabulous Discovery

I am interrupting the previously scheduled blog entry to bring this tidbit of culinary news to you. Today, as I was preparing to wake the kiddos up from their naps, I caught the beginning of Oprah....and am I glad I did. For those who missed it, Jessica Seinfeld was her guest (yes, Jerry's wife). She has recently put out a new cookbook called Deliciously Deceptive. Basically, she is a mother of three who got tired of waging a nightly vegetable war with her kids. She has created numerous kid-friendly recipes that use vegetable purees in the recipes. Some examples are pancakes with sweet potato puree, chicken nuggets with broccoli puree, chocolate cake with beet puree, chocolate chip cookies with whole chickpeas....and the list goes on. It seems like it is definitely a book worth looking into at your local bookstore. Even though I am not yet a mom, I can appreciate a recipe that you can feel good about. I wonder how Austin will feel when he becomes my guinea pig?

2 comments:

meredith said...

I saw that too and want to get that cookbook for sure. Maybe I can get Sawyer to eat his veggies after all. Actually, he has been trying new things a lot more this week. Maybe his picky phase is over or at least on hold for a little while.

Carrie said...

Don't get too excited. My frien's child was one of the video's you saw...she tried it and her kids only liked ONE recipe!!