Friday, December 21, 2007

Recap

We are currently at my (Ashley) parent's house in Heber Springs, Ar. We have been here since Wednesday and are thoroughly enjoying our visit. So far we have made two trips to Wal-Mart and watched a Vh1 special on the top 100 greatest songs of the 90's. Well, we actually started watching the countdown at about number 50, so we have at least another 2 or 3 hours to catch up on some other time. Nirvana's Smells like Teen Spirit was number one, which was no surprise to us (me, Austin, and my bro Trey).
Trey came up to Arkansas today and Brandi will be here tomorrow...and then the Howard family is reunited....it ought to be interesting to say the least. I am enjoying not only the use of a reliable internet connection, but also a keyboard where all the keys actually work! For those not in the know, my laptop is showing it's age and nearly a whole row (asdfjkl;' enter) of keys does not work. If only my computer savvy (and fellow Zambia j-man) pal Tommy lived in Ft. Worth! Although, the time for them (he and Steph (my roomie in Zambia) and their baby) to move here is in the not-so-distant future...spring...yippee!! So maybe I can hold out a little longer!
In recent and very exciting news....Austin graduated last week and is now a master!!! I was such the proud wife! I believe there are pictures posted by his sis on facebook if anyone is interested.
We currently have no job offers and are pretty much stuck in the waiting phase. The good news is we got permission to stay in our very affordable seminary housing until at least the end of January and maybe longer if need be. I really like Fort Worth and am not opposed to sticking around a bit longer.
I think we might be gluttons for punishment because we are braving the mall (in little rock) tomorrow...yikes! Bring on the looooong lines at the registers!
It's good to be with family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys aren't swingin through Shreveport are you :o)