Monday, November 17, 2008

Resist. The. Urge.

For a couple of weeks now, I have been resisting the urge to decorate for Christmas! It does not help that many stores, restaurants, and even my hair salon have begun playing Christmas music. Yesterday I took about three hours of my afternoon and dedicated it to looking at Christmas decorations at some of my favorite stores. Luckily, for the pocketbook, I fought the urge and did not buy anything. The down side is that the diesire to pull down my own decorations from the attic is even stronger. I told myself i can do it next week before we leave to visit family for Thanksgiving. Also, i have a feeling that Meg would make fun of me if she popped in and caught me in the act of decorating. One more week, one more week...

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Ahahaha... I put my tree up Sat. because I couldn't stand it anymore. Mark thinks I'm a freak! I even made child-friendly ornaments without hooks for Ava... now I have a tree that only has ornaments on the top half because she was taking them off! Oh well. I already busted out the music too and I think it's time for "Home Alone." =)

Anonymous said...

I am putting mine up next week before Thanksgiving. That way it will be up when we get home from Louisiana. I want to enjoy it as long as possible...and Thanksgiving is so late this year. I love Christmas decorations, songs, and the smell of Christmas!
Jen Fisher

deanna said...

Break Down and do it! let the mockers bring it on! or sneak decorations into a few corners and hope no one notices:)