Tuesday, December 16, 2008

not me monday

For several months, thanks to tracy, i have been addicted to checking mckmama's blog. she has an incredible story involving a miracle named stellan. you should check it out. anyway, she is the one who came up with not me mondays, and this is my first one....so here goes!

i most certainly have not been sick with some sort of ailment for nearly 6 weeks. it is not me who had a sore throat for almost a month, and not me who is currently so snotty that i have not been able to sleep for two nights. also, if this had been me, of course i would have gone to a doctor. it would be ridiculous not too!

it is not me who is an awful housekeeper. i am definitely not the one who finally swept her kitchen floor for the first time in months saturday morning! also, not me who only cleaned her house because she had major company coming over for a progressive dinner party on saturday night. and while we are at it, it is not me who got so stuffy and whose voice turned froggy due to all the dust she was cleaning (probably more like just spreading the dust around).

it wasn't me who tried to be clever when trying a new recipe for said party saturday night. i most certainly did not ruin my first batch of chocolate fondue and have to rush to the store an hour before the party started to buy more ingredients for fondue attempt number 2. and i absolutely was not a half hour late for the party either because of the recipe mishap. also, in an attempt to hurriedly clean up a messy kitchen, i DID NOT just store the ruined pot of fondue in the stove to deal with later. and i was certainly not trying to give off the appearance of "having it all together" for the benefit of my girlfriends attending the party.

and last, i am not the one who has a wonderful bff named meredith...actually, i think i will own up to that part! but, it was not me who wrote an email from mer's email account telling another friend that mer was getting on my nerves. and no, this was not after our sophomore year in college. and no, mer did not just confess to me that i did such a thing 8 yrs ago while she was in my kitchen saturday graciously helping me prepare for the impending party. and i was not humiliated in the least that i did such an atrocious act of betrayal! and even if i had done what she said, of course i would have remembered it!!

3 comments:

meredith said...

You are too funny! I am glad you decided to give this a try. It was not me who brought up the past and made my BFF feel embarrassed about something silly. No, not me. Love you!

Brooke said...

This is awesome!! I LOVE that you put the bad fondue in the stove!!! HAHA! Hilarious... I have to say I've put things in the oven too and forgotten about them and turned it on, luckily I only put dirty pots and pans. =)

meredith said...

It's Monday again. What didn't you do this week?