Sunday, November 30, 2003

Right now I am currently the happiest redheaded girl in Zambia! Why??? Well, as I sit here writing this I am enjoying the soothing hum coming from my new air conditioner! Yes, that is right, my landlord has seen fit to bestow upon me this blessing. This weekend he sent over his workers and for the last two days they have been working here in my house. As soon as they finished installing it I cranked that baby as high as it would go and nearly froze to death….it was great!
Actually, Joseph, our caretaker came into my house and could not believe how cold it was. He kept saying, “In here it is June (one of the coldest months on Zambia). Out there it is November (one of the hotter months).” He also mentioned several times that Zambians die in 16 degrees Celsius (which is what my air is set on). It is a good thing that the a/c came after Steph left because it would have been the source of many conflicts (she is very Zambian in the fact that she cannot stand to be cold).
So I am now seriously considering moving my bedroom into the living room. I don’t know if I can express to you how nice it was today to lie on the couch while watching a movie and being cuddled up in a blanket listening to the pouring rain outside. I hope for many more days like this to come!

Victoria Falls was great! It was nice to see my friend Amy and catch up with her. I am so thankful that the Father allowed us an opportunity to see one another and the chance to get away for a few days could not have come at a better time! I hope to put up more pictures of our trip soon (I have to look through Alan’s pictures). In this picture maybe you can tell how nasty hot it was by how red my face is (no, that is not a sunburn).


You can see the lovely Victoria Falls in the background. Half of it was dried up but if you look you can see a lot of mist coming from where the water is still flowing strong.

Thanksgiving has come and gone and was a great time of fellowship. I didn’t take any pictures of it so sorry about that. Carrie and Jill left today headed back to Kasama. So now it is just me and the kitties here at the house.

No comments: