Wednesday, November 16, 2005

They say it's your birthday.....

Well, life for me has been a bit emotionally draining these past few weeks. I am curently behind in school and will be playing catch-up over Thanksgiving vacation.....so it will not be much of a vacation for me.
But in other EXCITING news....we here in Ft. Worth are gearing up to celebrate that wonderful INTERNATIONAL HOLIDAY on NOVEMBER 18. My 26th birthday. To kick off the festivities, Meredith and Justin and Austin and I are going out to eat at Simply Fondue. I discovered the joy and goodness of fondue when I lived in Virginia with Deanna. Miss Paris herself introduced it to me and I have been in love ever since. I am looking forward to celebrating with three of my favorite folks on Thursday. Then, on Friday (the actual birthday), Austin is taking me to a place that is every 26 year old girl's dream (per my wishes)....the circus! I don't know why, but I have always gotten excited about the circus. Could it be the lions, the clowns, the cotton candy, or how about the flying trapeze family?!?! And to cap off my birthday weekend, on Saturday we will be hanging out at the house, eating lunch and playing games....we being Kim, Kim's beau, Meg, Michael, Austin, Jason, and maybe a few others. I am hoping to get a good game of Risk going. I have not played Risk since I left Zambia, so I hope my mad skills as a world dominator are not lost!! I might need to call my pals Mal and Chris for a little pep talk before the game begins. Ok, I must now go so I can get back to pretending to work on a paper.
Love to you all........

7 comments:

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

I don't know why you would need to go to the circus for clowns. You're w/ a clown almost everyday, a tall lanky one at that ;O)

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

In preperation for the big day tomorrow, I thought you (and all your readers) would be interested to know a/b your birthday, Nov. 18, in history:

1916 Haig ends Battle of Somme

1991 Terry Waite released

AUTOMOTIVE
1960 The End Of The DeSoto

CIVIL WAR
1863 : Lincoln travels to Gettysburg

COLD WAR
1987 Congress issues final report on Iran-Contra scandal

CRIME
1996 High-profile expert on exotic birds is sentenced for smuggling parrots

ENTERTAINMENT
1932 Al Jolson's radio show launches

LEAD STORY
1978 MASS SUICIDE IN JONESTOWN:

LITERARY
1998 Alice McDermott wins the National Book Award

OLD WEST
1883 Railroads create the first time zones

VIETNAM WAR
1970 Nixon appeals to Congress for funds for Cambodia

WALL STREET
1987 Sony, CBS Profit from Tisch Makeover

WORLD WAR II
1940 Hitler furious over Italy's debacle in Greece

auDi tHis woRld said...

HAPPY DAY-BEFORE-YOUR-BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY DAY-BEFORE-YOUR-BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY DAY-BEFORE-YOUR-BIRTHDAY EAR ASHLEY...HAPPY DAY-BEFORE-YOUR-BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

For those reading my comment, the "beau" has a name and it is "Daniel"!! :-)

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Happy 26th birthday Ashley!!!! I'll wait to sing when I see you! Have fun at the circus tonight!!!!
Love- Meg

Sarah said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! I've tried calling for a week to tell you in advance....but you won't answer!LOL! Hope you have a great night!! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

hope you had a very excellent birthday extravaganza ashtuly.

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

all week off from school and you couldn't give us anything new?