Friday, August 03, 2007

Summertime!

Austin and I are in the library at school, so I thought I would take this time to post a bit. There will be no pictures, however, since I am unable to download my pics on the schools computer...which is a shame because I have some great ones! On with what has been going on with us...
In July we met up with Austin's parents in Little Rock and headed to Atlanta for his cousin Preston's wedding. While in Atlanta I got to meet nearly all of his family members on his mom's side. And I loved them all (I have to say that because his cousin, Kendra, stalks me online.). Honestly, I really did! I actually think that my favorite part of the trip was getting to know them better. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was fun! The band that played made you want to get up and dance...and we did (but just a bit).
While in Atlanta, we had planned on visiting the aquarium and the Coke place. I was very much looking forward to paying homage to Coca-Cola, but when we walked up the employees were standing outside telling everyone that they would be closed for at least two more hours because someone had a wreck and hit a transformer and threw out the power for several blocks. I was indeed sad, but they were at least handing out free cokes to numb your pain. So, I drank mine and half of Austin's! (they were small glass bottles)
Also, in June I finally cut my hair. Eleven inches, gone, just like that. I am donating it to Locks of Love. Although I have failed to send it in yet. We currently have an 11 inch ponytail in a plastic bag sitting in our pantry waiting to be mailed. Creepy???
And one last tidbit...the cat that we do not own and do not let in our house had kittens around the 4th of July. And, of course, we do not have them in our laundry closet in our hall. Hello, that would be against Seminary policy! But, if anyone would like a poor homeless kitty, give us a call!

Maybe soon, some dear friend will invite me over to their house and let me use their computer and I can actually post some pictures!

*Bonus tidbit!!! I just gave Austin a high five in the computer lab because he just got approved to take two more classes instead of having to write a thesis! YES!! Looks like we just might make it out of here in December! Now we just need a job.........

2 comments:

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Two classes?!! Looser!

Come on over, the computer's waiting, if you can get a signal. Actually, I think they must have just changed something over at the school b/c starting yesterday I've been gettting 4 to full bars.

auDi tHis woRld said...

HEY!!! You're posting again!!! :-)