Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Principles of Solubility

Due to Austin's new job, he is not permited to take vacation until his 6 month mark, which is at the end of August. As you can imagine, the start of a fall semester is the busiest time of year for a university. Therefore, it is unlikely that he will be able to get away until at least October or maybe even later. Although we have been "stuck" here, we have had many over night visitors during the last couple of months...which we really enjoyed! The latest occupants in room #2 of the Perry B&B were the Garner's of Houston. Bob and Austin were roomies for most of college and both studied chemical engineering at Tech. I mention the chemical engineering part to set up the best quote all weekend, which came from Bob, while dining at Mellow Mushroom. He asked for sweet tea, but the waitress told him they were currently brewing up a fresh batch. She suggested that she could bring him a glass of unsweet and he could use the sugar packets at the table to sweeten it himself. With a very straight look on his face and in a very deadpan voice he said something to the effect of, "I don't have time to explain the principles of solubility to you, I'll have a coke." Obviously, the waitress was not sure what to do with that comment so she smiled and went about her business.
It was great to see the Garner's! Their children are adorable and little miniatures of them. We are now planning a visit to Houston in the future.

7 comments:

meredith said...

Bob's quote is so funny! I need to show Justin that because he gets so mad when waitresses say that. I hope everyone survived mellow mushroom alright.

B-HO said...

THAT is HI-larious!!I am soooo using that next time...although I am not quite sure I could explain the Principles of solubility....

Brooke said...

haha! Mark would so say something like that! Engineers...

meredith said...

I just wanted to let you know that according to Meg and Mike's blogroll it has been one month since "Where is Ashley?" as posted anything. You are pretty low on the totem poll. Just thought I would inform you of this. Maybe you should meet your best friend at the zoo today and post about that.

Brooke said...

Hey, Missy! We need an update! Hope you're doing good! =)

Tracy said...

Well I was so glad to see you comment on my blog... but I must say... why the lack of posting from you??? :) Need to know what's breakin' down in Howardtown.

Tracy said...

Oops... old habits die hard. I mean, what's the 'dill' in Perryville? (You know that's a real AR town, right?) :)