Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The difference between boys and girls

While sitting here reflecting on how I "wasted" this glorious day off of work (thank you, inclement weather!!) and listening to the sleet fall, I thought it would be a good time for a little blogging action and a lesson on gender differences.


Behind this curtain, lies a shocking truth...




No, not the map-of-the-world shower curtain liner that my husband cannot live without. (Just fyi: I, too, enjoy working on my geography while lathering up.)

But this....


The other night I was brushing my teeth and preparing for bed when I looked into our shower and was struck by something. Nearly ALL of the products in our bathtub are mine...and I use them ALL. I thought this was such an awe-inspiring revelation that I would let you see for yourself. Also, please refrain from any "high maintenance" comments.
All of the items in the middle bucket are Austin's. There are four bottles in there, but he actually does not use two of them often. One is a travel bottle he sticks in his overnight kit and the other is some special wash he uses every 6 months or so. I guess I should also add that the black and very manly loofah is his. In my defense (not that I need one!), one of my bottles is near empty and another bottle is it's replacement, just waiting to take it's place in my shower rotation.

So, welcome to my shower....now let's see yours!!

5 comments:

deanna said...

i wanna know if you cleaned up your shower before you took that picture! i am impressed with the organization:)

Ashley said...

Surprisingly, no. The only thing I altered was moving the white shampoo bottle on the bottom right to the front of the shower so it could be included in the pic. Deanna, it almost seems as if you are calling me "messy" or "unorganized"!?!?!?!

Ashley said...

P.S. My organization is thanks to the container store. Everytime I go into that store I feel as if an organized existance is attainable!

Michelle said...

It was AT LEAST $3000...insane, huh?

meredith said...

I love you, but I don't want to look at your bathroom anymore. Do you think you could post something new?