Saturday, April 12, 2003


My prize and me!


Is it Christmas? Well it sure felt like it here today. This morning I went downtown to pick up a package that a dear, sweet, wonderful friend sent to me! There is just something to be said about walking out of a post office carrying a box that is so heavy and full of goodies that the bottom is about to fall out! For those of you interested in the contents, it contained some much appreciated kool-aid, many videos, JIF peanut butter (I was way excited about that!), make-up, clothing, popcorn, candy, and many more things! Thanks so much Kristin……and Trey and Tracy!!

Tonight I went to a super bowl party. Yep, nothing like watching the super bowl in April. It was great fun. One of the families here received tapes of all the play-off games and super bowl. So for the past month we have been having a count down to the big game. And in good Baptist fashion we had food with the games.



This afternoon I went out to state lodge for CBS with the children. Stephanie had been out there all morning teaching True Love Waits to the youth. She used the church for her program and the kids and me had a great time outside underneath a tree. The weather was beautiful today— in the 80’s with a great breeze!
And also, for those of you who are concerned about me and my little African ailment (the maggot)…worry no more, I am now on medicine for it.


This is Abbigail. She lives in the State Lodge area.

No comments: