Wednesday, April 23, 2003

So as I sit here in my living room I am typing away to the sounds of Nintendo’s super Mario brother’s (the old school version). Tommy (another journeyman here) downloaded some Nintendo games from the internet for his computer. So now he and Stephanie are reliving their childhood and even playing the part by fighting over the game. Good times I tell ya! I can’t wait to play myself. Only problem is is that I can’t remember how to save the princess. I guess my skills are a little rusty.

I was super excited today because I picked up a great big package at the post office! It was from my parents! I received the notification about my package on Thursday at about 4 pm. I was too late to pick it up on Thursday and since it was Easter I would have to wait in suspense until today (Tuesday) to pick it up. Needless to say, it was worth the wait! My family sent me some really great things that I appreciate dearly. You can never have enough kool-aid and bubble gum! Thanks mama and daddy!



Mallory (completely bald head on left) and Alan (sorta-bald head on right) hanging out at our house.


Sorry for the lack of info this past week. But I have not done anything too exciting or out of the ordinary in the last week. I did cbs at state lodge and went to the house of moses to hold babies. I really like going there. yesterday when we went they had a new baby. Her name is chisomo. She was only 2 weeks old! I cannot tell you how tiny this baby is! . I was super nervous when holding Chisomo from fear of breaking her.
I think she might have been a few weeks early because of her size. Patience, the name of the nurse who was working yesterday, said the mother abandoned the baby in the hospital. After she delivered the baby she looked at it and said I don’t want it….and just left it! That kind of thing is hard for me to understand.


I do have some exciting upcoming news. Steph and me are going to go spend the weekend out in the bush. We are going to a village in Shantumbu. We are taking Womba and another national friend to translate for us. Stephanie will be teaching the youth and I will teach the children. We will leave on Friday afternoon and return Sunday afternoon. We are looking forward to it but would also like for you to be in prayer us. I will mention more about it later.



LINUS!!! My baby! I realized I have 2 pictures of chikulu on here but none of Linus.

No comments: