Friday, August 26, 2005

A year ago....

Well it has been one year since I left Zambia and arrived back in the States. It is frightening to think about how time can quickly pass you by. However, it has only been in the last few weeks that I have come to miss Zambia and the friends and life I had there.
Since being back in America:
*I have lived in Richmond, Va.
*I have only been with my parents for about 2 of the past 12 months.
*Been reunited with many friends.
*Yet to see many friends.
*Moved to Fort Worth.
*Started seminary for a masters in family and marriage counseling.
*I have learned what it means to be broke.
*Been able to experience the joy, blessing, love, generousity, and selflessness of parents to their children!
*Three months ago started dating a really cute, really tall, and really sweet boy(whom I miss right now b/c he went home for a visit).
*The President of Zambia came to know Jesus Christ as his savior.
*Got to live near Stephanie and Tommy.
*I have been able to spend some great quality time with Austin.
*Got to see many dear friends that I worked with in Zambia.
*I spent 6 weeks with Paige! I love that lambchop.
*Worked at MLC and confirmed that I was not made for an office job and my spirtual gift is not service.
*I met Deanna and she has become a close friend. For some reason she put up with me for 8 months and would even feed me!
*I have been blessed enough to move to a place where I am surrounded by close friends, including my bff Meredith.
*I get to live with a great friend that I have known since jr. high, Kim (www.kimbolina.blogspot.com). I am not sure if she finds my slacker ways as endearing as Deanna did, but we have fun nonetheless.
*I have discovered the joy of a cell phone and text messaging.
*Recently been overwhelmed by school and the amount of reading, work, and studying I will be doing for the next 4 months.


To be continued....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl, I of course will be tuning into to listen to the dawgs! i guess i should of included that on my post.

Yes, time does fly. I am extending of a year so I still have about 16 months left.

Shannon

Anonymous said...

Awww.. you do love me. You mentioned me in your post. That's special. Hey Joe has a one of these blog things as well if you ever wanted to see some stuff from him. It's www.josephhall.blogspot.com. There's a pic of him with his new hair cut. He looks pretty homely, but I still like him! haha I miss you lady! Where will you be in December??

Anonymous said...

I know man! What were people thinking seperating these two states?! How are you doing?

Anonymous said...

Yo Howard!

I just found your blog today from Libby's blog. I am new to the whole blog thing, but you can find mine below:
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=bigdaddyfig

It is kind of crazy but Heather and I are having a baby this month. So fun times should be ahead.

Tell AP that I said hi.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe i made the list I feel so special. I didn't mind the slacker ways especially since you had you own room!!!

Anonymous said...

I think it is about time for another update. This one does say "to be continued..." :o)

Anonymous said...

We did listen to them in Zambia huh. Ya, great memories! I haven't seen you online in a while. What's new with you? Miss you PC!

auDi tHis woRld said...

you need to update your blog roomie!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

It's been a while since you've said anything, hasn't it?

Oh, did you hear that Suv will be dancing at our wedding?