Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Still on cloud nine!

Ok, if you read my last post completely then you know I promised pictures of the long awaited ring! Seriously, it was an ordeal to get a picture of it. For some reason, everytime I tried to take a picture of it, it would now show up...like it was invisible or it would just look like some bright spot in the picture. Well, here it is for your viewing pleasure and also, for the story of the engagement go to our wedding website listed under my links on the right.......



Austin designed this ring all by himself (which is a great story that you should get him to tell you someday)! All that I had ever really told him was I liked antique-looking.
So you might be wondering about the side stones.....they are tanzanite. Don't go to Google just yet, I will tell you about them.....Tanzanites are only found in Tanzania and are blue-ish/purple-ish in color. Also, apparently, they are a super soft stone and pretty fragile (I know, I can hear the gasps now as you think about my gracefulness). A long time ago I happened to mention to Austin in passing that when I was in Zambia, many of the missionary ladies I knew had Tanzanite jewelry and I thought it was a pretty stone. That boy pays attention!!!
I LOVE the band on this ring. The filigree that Dale the jeweler did is amazing!! I told Austin I wanted to bake him (Dale) some cookies to thank him because he did such a good job.
This is a picture of us soon after we got engaged on Christmas Eve. The picture is great and all but I mainly wanted to post it so I could show you what I cropped out of the bottom left corner of the picture............
I think all the excitement just wore him out!!!!
(This is Austin's dad!)

7 comments:

Sarah said...

WOW! Two posts in one week! Great job! Oh...the ring is beautiful! Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Your ring is beautiful! Definitely bonus points for Austin for picking up on that little tidbit so long ago. And the filigree on the sides really is beautiful. You got your work cut out for you now girl, keeping those precious tanzanite stones safe from all harm!

Anonymous said...

If she breaks the tanzanites she is getting granite to replace them, so she better be careful.

elly said...

wow - that is gorgeous! Austin, I didn't know you were so artistic!
How fun that you and your roommate are both engaged now, Ash - you can have dueling wedding planning!

meredith said...

Wow! 2 posts in one week. You must really have a lot of school work this week. Come see me this weekend if you want to procrastinate some more.

Sarah said...

SO what did awesome Austin get you for Valentine's Day??

HipShooter said...

Think Austin looks much like his pops?