Sunday, February 19, 2006

Useful Info about Austin and Ashley




I (Austin) still don't know how I feel about some of this blog stuff. For example, "blog" words like "tagged" just seem a little, um, let's say cheesy (not my first word choice). The idea is ok, that you ask your friend to fill out some kind of survey and pass it on and they're fun to do and (sometimes) fun to read, but they are what they are.
I was reading one of these "you've been tagged" posts recently and I thought Ashley and I could answer some similar questions. And maybe we'll ask some of you to answer the same ones. And maybe we won't. And if we do, feel free to not do it(as far as I am concerned, Ashley does not share this opinion). Whatever you want.
I won't tell you whose answers are in red and whose are in blue. You'll be able to figure it out pretty quickly. Where the answers happen to be the same, it is purely accidental, we answered these separately. Pay close attention, these facts may come in very handy one day if you are playing Trivial Pursuit:Austin and Ashley edition.
For anyone interested, some random likes and dislikes (in fours) of Austin and Ashley:

Four favorite television shows: Pardon the Interruption (PTI), Jeopardy, Allie McBeal (surprised you didn’t I?), and Spring of Trivia (a Japanese show), Alias, Rachael Ray – 30 minute meals, Friends, American Idol
Four recent books I have read (and finished!): Beowulf, Grendal, Under the Black Flag (about pirates!), and Trouble is my Business (Raymond Chandler); The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, Peas and Thank You (Veggie Tales), The Five Love Languages, The latest Ashley Stockingdale book (Kristen Billerbeck)
Four cities I would like to return to (for vacation): Kobe, Japan; Assisi, Italy; New Braunsfel, Texas; Edisto Beach, South Carolina; New York; Istanbul; Washington, D.C.; Astoria, Oregon
Four cities I would like to visit for the first time (for vacation): Casablanca, Morocco; Seattle, Washington; Singapore; Lusaka, Zambia; Cape Town, South Africa; Paris, France; Las Vegas, Nevada; Sydney, Australia
Four dream jobs: Novelist, Pro Football Player, Music Critic, Travel guide writer; Superspy, Socialite, TV Talk Show Host, Rock Star
Four favorite Garth Brooks songs: You Move Me, What She’s Doing Now, Learning to Live Again, Much too Young . . .; Callin’ Baton Rouge, Two of a Kind, Wrapped up in You, Ain’t Going Down ‘Til the Sun Comes Up
Four favorite Beatles songs: Michelle, Here Comes the Sun, Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, Hey Bulldog!; Yellow Submarine, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Hey Jude, Can’t Buy Me Love
Four favorite sports teams: Louisiana Tech University Bulldogs and Techsters (all sports), St. Louis Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys, Georgia Tech Yellowjackets; Louisiana Tech Bulldogs and Techsters, Dallas Mavericks, Texas Rangers, William and Mary Swimming
Four scariest animals: Killer Whales, Foxes, Hyenas, Pelicans (but only the "fighting" ones); Snakes, Hippos, Lions, Putsi Flies
Four websites I view often: collegefootballnews.com, Louisiana Tech Bulldog Barks and Bytes, ESPN, yahoomail; google, gmail, friend’s blogs, theknot
Four foods I love: fried okra, sandwiches, okonomiaki, chicken and dumplings; fondue, chocolate, cheese, Thanksgiving dinner
Four of my favorite works of art: Ashley, The Old Guitarist, M.C. Esher’s Waterfall, Himeji Castle; Starry Night, The Sistine Chapel Ceiling, Victoria Falls, Cafe at Night
Four dead people I’d like to have dinner with: Both Grandfathers, Marco Polo, the apostle John; My Grandma, the apostle John, Thomas Jefferson, David Livingston
Four favorite hymns: Amazing Grace, Come Thou Fount, Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee, Be Thou My Vision; It Is Well, Joyful, Joyful, How Great Thou Art, Holy, Holy, Holy
Four favorite flowers: Cherry Blossom, Climbing Rose, Dogwoods, Dandelions; Tulips, Stargazer Lily, Gerber Daises, Daffodils
Four movies I could watch all the time: The Princess Bride, The Seven Samurai, The Last of the Mohicans, License to Drive; Sweet Home Alabama, Just Married, The Last of the Mohicans, The Sandlot

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats pretty good stuff. And I have no problem telling whose answers are whose.

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

A pro football player? Come on now, you at least have to be realistic. Though there should be a pro team named the "fighting pelicans."

Anonymous said...

That was fun! Ashley, I especially like the William and Mary Swimming (I know you were stretching for a fourth team) and the Putsi Flies! What is so wrong with flies that lay their eggs on your towel, then bury themselves in your skin?

Ashley said...

Steph,

I am really impressed that you were able to tell which answers were mine!;o)
I thought you might like that shout out about W&M. I still wear the swimming shirt you gave me....and I wear it with pride (Tribe pride that is!).
And I think everyone should agree with me about the putsi fly being the scariest animal on earth!

Anonymous said...

If she gets "rock star" then I get pro football player. The question is about "dream" jobs, not "likely to get" jobs. Otherwise I would have included pirate, cattle rustler, and professional interpretive mover.

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Did Austin actually pose for the "Old Guitarist"?

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

and I really am disappointed in you for not having followed your dream of becoming the worlds foremost interprative mover.

Anonymous said...

I'm still in training for that. I have been studying for years under the great Russian master of that fine art - Michaelikov Sankslanovich. He has yet to deem my work worthy of public display. One day the world will have the chance to admire my skills though.

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Soon my young padawan learner, soon.

meredith said...

I am tired of looking at those giant seagulls everytime I check your blog. Thanks for the yummy food you made yesterday. You are the best!

Mer

Anonymous said...

Michael, you want to explain some things to Mermer about her state bird? Or about how she might want to glance at the Louisiana Tech seal?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... I'd say he was pretty cute, he did dress well but I think that was only due to his wonderful girl friends Ashley and Meg =)... as for music- not real sure, I had to introduce him to several groups so between me and austin (I think I heard you well well rounded in music) he might be ok someday, and finally the question of squirrel, yes the poor boy thinks squirrel is good, so we're working on that issue. Hope you guys are doing well....

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley,
Just wanted to say congratulations on the engagement. I know that you are excited. You guys were engaged just 10 minutes from our house. Next time yall are in Little Rock look us up and give us a call.

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Giant Sea Gulls?!!! Meredith! Come on now.

Anonymous said...

Those beautiful and majestic creatures are a pleasure to behold. I just hope their "fighting" cousins don't try to find you Mer.

meredith said...

I know what they are!!! I was just making a joke, becuase someone said something about them being seagulls and Ashley had to explain the whole fighting pelican thing. Ashley, why aren't you defending me? Whatever the heck they are I am tired of looking at them, so post something new!

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

B/c I'm rather partial to both Pelicans (a.k.a. Pels, Fighting Pels) and Bulldogs (a.k.a. dawgs) I must obstain from commenting on either, but I do know that a 6 year old girl could kick Jason's butt.

Anonymous said...

Agreed. And afterwards he'd probably watch a girly movie alone.
And when the Bufkins give us their answers to the quiz then we will think about changing the Pelicans (like I really have any say in the matter).

Anonymous said...

I should clarify. Not a girly movie in the dirty sense, but a "chick flick."

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike, could you define "obstain" for me? Cause I know what "abstain" means but not "obstain". Maybe you should get a 6 yr old girl to spell check for you.

Ashley said...

Nicely done, Jason....

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

"obstain," you know like I would say "I'm going to 'ob-stain' Jason's face w/ a fresh cow-patty."

Anonymous said...

Although I am addicted to bread (my secret is out), I do in fact love other foods; Italian being the next favorite. Some person is onl telling you the half truth, shame, shame. Looking forward to seeing all of you really soon... I'll enjoy picking on Jason with you guys! =)

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Then you'll fit in quite well w/ us. Picking on Jason is one of our favorite past-times.

Ashley said...

We only pick on him because we love him.....and he deserves it!