Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Business of Being Born

Today I (Ashley) watched a documentary called The Business of Being Born. Since watching it, I am unable to think of anything else...it was truly thought-provoking in my opinion. I'd like for some of my friends (mainly the females) to watch it so I can discuss it with someone. Austin is scheduled to watch it sometime this week, but I am assuming his view might be limited since he is unable to give birth. We picked the dvd up (free!!) from the library, but I am assuming you can get it at Blockbuster or through Netflix. Be warned, there is real footage of women giving birth, but the footage isn't gratuitous though...also, there is female nudity, but not in a sexy way. Now, run out and get your hands on a copy!
Oh, yeah, Ricki Lake was involved in this project...At first I thought this was going to be all about her, but it totally is not. Personally, I think this was done very well!

3 comments:

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

You've been bumped down to the third spot on the blog roll. You had hurry up and post something new :o)

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Oh, and count me out on watching the film. I've seen enough of that to last a lifetime.

auDi tHis woRld said...

We're planning on getting it from the library soon - tried to on Saturday but the library closed at 6:00 and we thought about it at 6:15. We rented, "Stranger Than Fiction" instead - good flick!