Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Nap Time

Again, a pictureless post.....
It is currently 2:45pm at the J household, which is gloriously known as "nap"time to S (3.5yrs) and "rest"time to G (5.5yrs). No matter what you call it, Miss A calls it her favorite time of the day! G could totally do without it, but I cannot! This is one of the biggest perks of my job...a 2 hour block of silence, or mindless t.v., whichever I am in the mood for. Today, there are painters in the house so I banished myself to the guestroom with the computer. I am across the hall from G and can hear him playing out some sort of good-guy action hero scenario. He is such an imaginative fella. I can also hear the not-so-quiet painters as they drop buckets on the hardwood floors and it echoes up the open stairway and into S's room. They are also yelling to each other in Spanish. Good thing S is a hard sleeper, but for everyone's sake, I hope they do not wake her up. Oh, no....I hear them stomping up the loud creaky stairs!!! I swear, I become an angry mama bear when it comes to nap time and someone waking up the kids.
Not much is going on in the life of the Perry's. Austin is still enjoying his new job at UTA. We are crossing our fingers that he will be selected to go to a Regional meeting in Mexico in the fall. And along with crossed fingers, we are hoping that I will be able to tag along with him! More to come on that if he/we get to go! I (ashley) am getting excited the closer we get to July, August, and September. In July, my friends from Zambia, Tommy and Stephanie (my roomie in Zambia), will be moving to Ft. Worth...along with their cutie-pie daughter, Claire. I am excited that so many of my good friends will be in such a close proximity. I would like to go ahead and extend a SingStar challenge to the Knighten's!
In August, Michael and Meg will be moving back to this side of the metroplex with baby Naomi in tow! Now, if we can only get the house next door to come up for rent soon and have all the renovations completed!

**Interruption** I am trying to keep from losing my religion with the punk teenage kid from across the street who came and rang the super-loud doorbell TWICE within the span of 15 SECONDS!!!!! He needed me to move my car so their U-haul can stick out into the road about 10 feet. Needless to say, I think he sensed my displeasure with him after he caught my evil eye and finger sushing when coming to answer the door. I did not know if I wanted to rip his head off or punch him in the face!!! Okay, I think the blood pressure is starting to come back down.****

Finally, in September, the first Perry Grandchild will be born!!! Nate and Stacy will be welcoming baby Emma into the world. Good thing I have been practicing my Auntee skills with Sawyer and Jax! I LOVE buying pink stuff!
Only about 30 more mins left in naptime. So, I guess I am off to surf more blogs. Happy reading to all!!

7 comments:

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

you've been buying sawyer and jax pink stuff? Well, they are bufkins. I usually can see a pink undershirt sticking out from under the collar on their father.

Ashley said...

I just call it "light red" and they fall for it everytime!

B-HO said...

This is by far one of the most ridiculous thing I have ever read...kudos sista!!!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny... I love the "interruption" part! And I also think nap time is glorious and VERY serious!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Brooke said that^!! I don't care to be known as "anonymous"!!!

Ashley said...

Brooke, I appreciate the clarification. I was wondering who had written that! I was cleaning out some drawers this weekend and found letters from you. They were great to read!! It was all I could do to throw them out...I am trying to break my packrat ways. I am such a sentimental fool!
Brandi...ridiculousness must run in the family!

Anonymous said...

I am doing the same, TRYING to break my packrat ways, that is. I still have all my letters, too and I have to say... I'm not sure we were all "there!" HAHA! VERY entertaining, I may have to scan some in and send them to you!