Sunday, February 03, 2008

The Superbowl, a picnic, and Christmas

This was at my parents house in Arkansas. My dad went to crank the car for a little family outing to visit my grandpa. The car would not start so my dad popped the hood and discovered this...some sort of nest. I was standing beside him when he opened it up and I immediately got freaked out and took off running, it sent shivers down my spine because I was so disgusted. At first I thought it was the remaining fur of something that crawled under the hood and died. Turns out they think it was the home to a rat...yuck!!! Obviously this old car does not get driven very often!
This is the only decent Christmas picture that I got with my camera. It is Grizzly Adams, I mean my brother, Trey, opening a sweet sentimental gift my mother gave all of us...a pic of my dad when he was a little boy dressed up in his cowboy outfit.
Austin had the great idea of taking a picnic today since the weather has been so beautiful here! We grabbed some sandwiches and took off to the botanical gardens. We tried to take a picture without sunglasses but it was just too bright for me. I was all squinty like a mole.
Is there really anything better than a Sonic drink??

Tonight we went to Jason and Melissa's house to watch the Superbowl. No one in attendance was rooting for either team. Austin said his ideal outcome would be for both teams to lose. At least the game was exciting.

2 comments:

meredith said...

I am impressed with all this posting. Keep up the good work.

Sarah said...

I like the posting as well. I never get to talk to any of you anymore...the only way I keep up is the blogging!
BTW, your brother looks so different, yet all grown up.
Also, I see that you are going to see Kristin soon...Tell her we (I) want an update!!