Friday, February 01, 2008

No Promises...

No promises that this blogging thing will last, but here's to hope!!! We are still in Fort Worth and in seminary housing, despite the fact that Austin graduated in December (how fitting that as I typed that last sentence, Tom Petty was singing on the radio that "the waiting is the hardest part"). He (Austin, not Tom Petty) has done two phone interviews with one college so we are waiting to hear back from them. We are very excited about this next step in our lives, no matter where God places us. I know one thing for sure, I am not looking forward to packing up our apartment...especially since both of us are sentimental pack-rats! I mean how can I dare part with letters that people I care about sent to me over the years, especially the hysterical ones sent by Meredith and Justin while I was in Zambia.

Apparently tonight I hit my breaking point. For anyone not living in the Fort worth or the metroplex, the rodeo and stockshow is in town. Now this is a big deal, which I did not realize before moving here...they let school out for it and everything! In Louisiana we get out for Mardi Gras, so I suppose that each state has one random holiday that they can assign...hmm, i wonder. Anyway...the hotels and restaurants here are all at capacity because of the influx of people in town. One of the families I work for called me this week to see if I could help out some friends of their's who are in town for the stockshow. They needed a sitter for their two kiddos (2.5 and 1) for a few hours Friday night while they went out to eat. No problem, I can handle that (so I thought)! To be clear, the children were well-behaved and precious, and the family was super-nice! I really liked the mom, she was sweet and country...we could have totally been friends! The problems arose when it was time to eat supper. Well, this could be a long story since it has many deatails but I will save those for a face-to-face conversation. Let's just say that the hotel did not have room service and I had to put a (several, really) call in to my awesome, super-cute husband so he could save the day! I did eventually get the kids feed and put to bed, so I guess I was successful in my job!

I probably know the answer to this question, but does anyone else have blogs they look at all the time? Blogs that you have no idea who the people are but you feel like you do because you are addicted and read it all the time. If Austin's cousin Kendra is reading this, I know she does! Well, I too, am an addict. The two that I read everyday and most days check like two or three times to see if they are updated are www.lotsofscotts.blogspot.com and www.cfhusband.blogspot.com. Both of these blogs are so sweet and precious. The first one is so heart-warming and endearing. It is about a family with TRIPLETS and their journey in life (the itty-bitty's are 3.5!). Definitely read this blog if you love funny anedotes about life through the eyes of a child...and motherhood stories that are easy to identify with (I am not a mom but maybe I can identify since I work with children). The second one is about a young couple with a beautiful premature baby girl trying her best to show God's glory by living and thriving! DO NOT read that blog unless you are prepared to shed a few tears because of the miracle that is happening. The mom has cystic fibrosis and is about to be put on a waiting list for a lung transplant...can we just say wow! You can't not pray for them after reading their story.
Again, I do not know these people and am not even real sure how I stumbled upon their blogs. I thought I would make my confession and share two great sites with those three people who still check my site from time to time. Check them out and let me know so we can talk about them like we know them together! And before signing off, what are your secret obsession blogs (I know, if you tell me then they will not be secret, but who cares, no one reads my blog anyway!)????

2 comments:

HipShooter said...

I know you warned me, but I still was not prepared for cfhusband. It hit me hard, given that is what I deal with everyday...premature babies and CF. One of my sweetest patients is awaiting transplant in Dallas.

meredith said...

shed a few tears is quite an understatement, more like cry a river!