Saturday, February 02, 2008

Laundry Room Etiquette

I am writing this because I am frustrated and the husband thinks I am just over-reacting (I even had to ask him whose side he is on). I am not quite as irritated at the situation since I found out the culprit is a pregnant lady, but still that does not excuse the rudeness that occured this morning. I put some clothes in the washer (all the other machines were empty) and went about my business...I had 38 minutes to do my thing. Apparently I was not standing over my machine anticipating the very second it would stop spinning....and a neighbor (the pragnant lady) thought that was reason enough to remove my clothes. I guess in her defense she did place them in a dryer instead of laying them on the funk-nasty, dusty table in the laundry room like another rude neighbor did last year (now that REALLY got my blood boiling). Of course when I found my clothes in the dryer I was so irrate that I did what anyone else would have....went back to my house and peeked out the window until the guilty party came to get their clothes out of the highly coveted washer. When I saw who had done it I was a little shocked and felt a wee-bit bad for all the mean things I had said to her in my head. I guess she helped her case a bit when I spied her holding her lower back while entering the laundry room....geez, Ash, have a heart! So, now I feel bad for getting so out-of-joint and wonder if people will let me slide a bit when I am pregnant.
I do know that I will feel like we have "made" it when we get a place with a washer and dryer under the same roof that we live under...well, that and a dishwasher. Dream Big!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes, Anna just turned 6!!! Scary huh?! And by the way...I do still read your blog even though you go through spurts of updating. It's the only way I know what's going on with you these days.

auDi tHis woRld said...

hm....yes, the life with a washer and dryer inside the house is much nicer than walking outside at Carroll Park when it's freezing cold and you have to wash clothes since there's absolutely nothing else clean in the house, but you really are dreading that biting wind and cold in the winter...

:-)

I'm still dreaming with you, though, for the dish washer!